Business Analyst / Project Manager (Sales & Marketing)
San Diego, CA
Employment Type: Direct, Full-Time
Business Systems Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
One of our clients in San Diego has asked us to assist them in a high priority search for a Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager supporting the Sales and Marketing Department. They want us to help them find the very best talent available. A description of the position is listed below.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Strong understanding of principles, concepts, practices and standards. Significant knowledge of industry best practices. Is considered a general resource within the Business Unit around Company practices and standards.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of large scope within a Department. Creates new tools, establishes new precedents and develops policies with limited manager assistance or oversight. Considered a problem solving resource within the Department.
- Work is performed independently with limited management oversight and direction. Sets own objectives with feedback in partnership with manager. Plans and executes work product with some coaching and support. Work is reviewed only on an as needed basis.
- Significantly contributes to Department/Channel level projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in significant expenditure of Department or Channel resources to rectify.
- Represents the company as prime contact on contracts or projects at the Departmental or Channel level. External coordination is typically limited to departmental interactions (not cross-functional).
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager
- 5+ years supporting Sales and Marketing teams
- Strong understanding CRM tools
- Good background as a Scrum Master. Scrum certification a plus
- Works independently as liaison between developers, various business groups, corporate leadership, and IT
- Successful in negotiating a balance between individual wants and overall business needs
- Good persuasion/influence skills, capable of working with various personality types
- Partners with architects to ensure solution supports current IT direction
- Maintains effective relationships within business and IT at various levels of the organization
- Exerts some influence in recommending business solutions to support strategic and tactical business goals
- Skilled in working with business leaders and IT management to define the project scope
- Capable in fielding change requests and forecasting impacts to budgets, timeline and scope.
- Works independently to gather and document project requirements, change requests, testing results
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), considering context, content, audience, etc.
- Uses superior analytical skills to interpret and translate complex business problems into functional specs, use cases and applications
- Exceptional ability to analyze data, documents, stakeholder inputs and workflow to determine solution options
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate issues
- Demonstrates the ability to create and propose tactical design based on analysis
- Ability to gain solid knowledge of service team apps and general knowledge of other service team apps
- Ability to gain knowledge of infrastructure, services, databases, user interfaces, and some knowledge of technologies used within the company
- Can develop requirements for large, enterprise-wide projects with stakeholders from multiple departments across multiple platforms
- Superior in formulating and documenting business requirements, use cases, and functional specifications with little supervision
- Able to recommend alternate design solutions for technical design constraints to the business
Candidates must be willing to submit to and successfully pass a post offer, pre-employment background check, drug screen and credit check. For immediate consideration, please email a MS Word or PDF version of your updated resume to Amy Moehlman at email@example.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
The ProSource Group, Inc.
Phone: (916) 276-8236