Desktop Support Specialist
San Diego (Del Mar), CA
Employment Type: Contract
Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Del Mar / Carmel Valley, CA
MUST GO ONSITE
One of our clients in the Del Mar area of San Diego has asked us to assist them in a search for a Desktop Support Specialist. They want us to help them find the very best talent available. This is a 12 month contract position. A description of the position is listed below.
The Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for providing computer support to all internal employees in their use of: computers, applications, mobile devices. You will support employees who work from a home office, offsite facilities, and our client’s mobile work force. The candidate who fills this position will be responsible for resolving client device hardware/software issues, organizing inventory/assets, moving and setting up computers, performing system builds and troubleshooting. This person will support local & remote meetings, be the technical lead to determine root cause of technical problems on issues that are identified per the front line team/tickets, resolving tickets within SLAs, work as a part of a fast-paced team, and strive for excellence.
This role focuses on root cause analysis, identifying patterns, and ensuring proper triage, documentation, details, processes and procedures are being followed, tickets are properly responded to and proper communication and information are communicated to the senior teams. You will also be asked to provide technical guidance, coaching of other team members and documentation.
• Provide senior level desktop support assisting the infrastructure teams, IT clients with hardware, software, and mobile device questions, concerns, or issues by providing one-on-one resolution to the client’s satisfaction.
• Answers and responds to: IT support calls, walk-ups, service requests, tickets, and e-mail support.
• Deploys and Test computer images. Including all software and OS installs and configurations.
• Acts as an escalation point for external help desk service providers.
• Documents all support efforts in the ITSM system as per procedures.
• Installs, tests, and configures workstations/laptops, software, phones, peripheral equipment.
• Troubleshoots and repair hardware and software problems on customer computers and peripherals.
• Gathers appropriate data to escalate to higher-level technicians or partners when needed.
• Assist in assets management procedures, inventory equipment and software.
• Active Directory/O365/RMM/Citrix/other portal consoles Administration: Enable & Disable Accounts, Creation of Accounts, Account Modifications, and password resets.
• Ensures backup, recovery, and data restoration from workstations/laptops for clients during upgrades or problem diagnosis.
• Orders IT supplies including software, hardware, peripherals devices, mobile devices, etc. as per procedures.
• Supports and assist with projects and company initiatives as needed.
• Setup and Support: meetings, conferences, and events.
• Train, coach and provide guidance to the frontline teams.
• Review current work instructions and documents and ensure documentations are up to date
• Assist in writing/develop/maintain documentation
• Assist in recommending/enhancing current process and procedures
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience providing desktop support in a Windows enterprise environment, using Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 7 & 10 and Mac OS.
• Must possess excellent understanding and use of desktop/laptop technologies including Windows 7 and 10, Office 2016/O365, Windows Drivers updates and impacts, networking, wireless, encryption, troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent customer service.
• Excellent in listening, troubleshooting, data gathering and analytics/statistics.
• Strong proficiency with documentation and technical writing
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Good organization skills and keen/accurate attention to detail
• Strong written and oral skills / Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Strong research skills into PC issues and products as required
• Good understanding of intermediate network support, VPN, desktop firewalls, encryption, wireless trouble shooting, and cabling.
• Understands graphs, charts, stats, and logs
• Good understanding of telephony technology, VOIP, and mobile device.
• Configuring MFP copiers and printers
• Audio-Visual and meeting support
• Facilities support for office equipment/furniture moves/installs
• Experience in dynamic and fast paced enterprise environment
• Strong communication and follow-up skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
The ProSource Group, Inc.
Phone: (949) 278-0337