IT Project Manager
San Marcos, California
Employment Type: Contract
IT Project Manager
San Marcos, CA
One of our clients in San Marcos, CA is looking to hire an IT Project Manager. Our client is looking for the best talent available and they have asked us to assist them in their search. This is a 5 month contract position with our client, not a full-time position. A detailed job description is listed below.
This position will primarily focus on providing project management services to the company as part of the IT organization. The goal of this service is to ensure projects are properly requested, documented, prioritized, managed, executed and closed out. The candidate who fills this role will take over an existing project focused on rolling out a Point of Sale and Resort Management applications.
- Assist with developing and implementing project management processes and procedures
- Create and manage multiple cross functional projects including scope, time, cost, quality, resource, communication, risk, procurement, and issue management
- Assist in defining and tracking appropriate metrics to communicate and measure performance and success of project
- Work with business units to understand and embrace project management best practices
- Analyze requests and provide basic level of implementation services where approved and requested
- Assist in managing external resources and contracts as requested
- Document appropriate requirements for the solution desired
- Uses reports and other tools to communicate status to project team, stakeholders and sponsors
- Work with resource managers to identify available resources for projects or tasks as necessary
- Adhere to established project management processes and procedures
- Communicate and set project task priority with project team
- Manage to project success factors
- Ensure projects are closed out properly by conducting “lessons learned” meeting and ensuring documentation, processes and support structures are appropriately addressed
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager on large scale projects
- Experience in technology field or exposure to working with technology teams
- Experienced with MS Project or similar project management system
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Solid knowledge of project management discipline, project management tools and analysis
- Knowledgeable of Software Development Lifecycles and various Software Development Methodologies
- Any previous experience with JIRA would be a plus.
- Metrics driven approach to measuring success of projects
- Effective communication with executive management
- Interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
Candidates for the IT Project Manager position must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
For immediate consideration, please email a MS Word or PDF version of your updated resume to Amy Moehlman email@example.com
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
The ProSource Group, Inc.
Phone: (916) 276-8236