Manager of IT Infrastructure
San Marcos, CA
Employment Type: Contract
Manager of IT Infrastructure
Location: San Marcos, CA
** Candidates for this position must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. **
One of our clients in the Northern San Diego area of San Marcos has asked us to assist them in a search for a Sr. Director of IT Infrastructure. This is a direct, full-time placement with our client, not a contract position. They want us to help them find the very best talent available. A description of the position is listed below.
The primary role of the Sr. Director of IT Infrastructure is to manage and lead the IT Service Desk & IT Platforms Teams. The responsibilities of these teams are to provide a stable infrastructure while at the same time delivering value to the company through a variety of IT & Business Initiatives.
- Work with IT and Business Unit Stakeholders to develop the platform component of all existing & future solutions
- Ensure all products and services related to Infrastructure Apps, Components are operating to SLAs and are measurable
- Ensure the successful and effective completion of projects either assigned to or participating in while providing oversight on tasks and timelines where necessary
- Effectively manage programs, projects and initiatives to meet established timelines and budget while ensure capacity & demand are balanced
- Proactively develop future strategies in Platforms (In-house, Cloud PAS) and communicate benefits to staff and peer teams via business cases
- Manage and ensure Cyber Security compliance needs and tactics are followed
- Develop & maintain staff skills to meet the platform needs via skills matrix and career pathing
- Leverage cost effective 3rd Party services for Incremental staff augmentation and potential of managed service opportunities
- Co-Lead the continued adoption & leveraging ITIL principals via education & leading culture change – CM, IM, PMO, Configuration Management, Project Management, etc.
- Develop and manage to an agreed upon annual budget for Platforms & Engineering which includes all Labor, Software, Hardware and Cloud service costs
- Monitor and implement practices to improve metrics, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships with employees
- Ensure the delivery and presentation of agreed upon metrics at a frequency and format desired for the purposes of improving services provided
- 10% Travel is required
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years of experience working in IT is preferred
- 10+ years of experience working with IT Infrastructure, Platforms & Engineering is preferred
- 5+ years of experience leading IT Operations and/or Dev Ops departments is preferred
- 3+ years of experience working within a formalized ITIL environment is preferred
- Must have Network layer hands on experience
- Solid experience and understanding of Cloud Solutions (PAAS, IAAS, SAAS)
- Solid Experience in Network Planning and Design
- Solid Experience in Server Engineering
- Solid Experience in Service Desk Management
- Nutanix experience is a plus
- Cell Phone management background
- MS Azure background
- Experience with developing and delivering on strategy for Infrastructure projects
- MS Integration Services
- 2 to 3 years of Project Management experience in delivering initiatives on time and within budget
- Previous experience with IT Cyber-Security is a plus
- ITIL certification a plus
- Previous Technical Certifications – Network, MS, OS, Server Ops, CISO etc.
Candidates for this role must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
For immediate consideration, please email a MS Word or PDF version of your updated resume to Amy Moehlman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
The ProSource Group, Inc.
Phone: (916) 276-8236