Sr. DevOps Engineer
San Diego, CA
Employment Type: Contract-to-Hire
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
One of our best clients in San Diego is looking to hire a Sr. DevOps Engineer that has experience with automating IT Infrastructure. This is a contract-to-hire scenario. A description of the position is listed below.
This DevOps Engineer role is a key in unlocking the potential of our IT teams. By automating configuration, build, deployment, and monitoring, teams can deliver business value more quickly and more reliably. You should be passionate about efficiency and enjoy working in a variety of enabling technologies from general scripting to virtualization and containerization to hardware and software deployment orchestration. You’ll work on a team whose mission is to innovate in new areas to make our teams and our company more effective in solving problems.
- Interact with team members to improve our engineering tools, technology stack, and application performance and stability
- Establish, design, perform, and execute comprehensive technical projects to enable teams to deliver production code more quickly and efficiently
- Analyze, organize, and provide in-depth code reviews to improve applications dynamically and ensure the timely completion of projects
- Resolve operational concerns through collaboration with upstream support groups and various engineering teams to plan updates
- Troubleshoot production issues to address technical commitments and boost sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to construct and execute network, server, and application status
- Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
- Proficiency with Windows and/or Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware vSphere, OpenStack, Azure, AWS)
- Experience with infrastructure automation (e.g. PowerShell DSC, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong scripting experience (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Shell, Bash) with focus on security, performance, legibility and maintainability
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. TFS/Azure DevOps, Jenkins)
- Experience with distributed version control (e.g. Git)
- Strong communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Previous experience with high-performance and high-availability web technologies
- Experience with Application Performance Management (APM) tool (AppDynamics, Dynatrace)
- Experience working with ERP and/or underlying infrastructure
- Experience with RDBMS systems (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience building/deploying configuration for network appliances (Cisco routers, F5 Load Balancers)
- Experience deploying software and configuration in an enterprise environment
- Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
For immediate consideration, please email a MS Word or PDF version of your updated resume to Justin Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Justin can also be reached directly at (760) 807-3930. Thank you for your time and consideration.
The ProSource Group