Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Development
San Diego, CA
Employment Type: Direct, Full-Time
Sr. Software Engineer – Cloud Development
Location: San Diego, CA
One of our clients in San Diego has asked us to assist them in a search for a Sr. Cloud Development Software Engineer. This is a direct, full-time position with our client, not a consulting engagement. They want us to help them find the very best talent available. A description of the position is listed below.
The candidate who fills this Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Development will design and develop cloud solutions supporting our client’s next generation platforms. In this position the candidate will be responsible for the requirements, design specifications and final implementation of the solutions. The right candidate for this position will be an experienced engineer who has demonstrated success designing, documenting and implementing high quality application level software on cloud computing systems such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Design and develop cloud software that supports diagnostic instruments
- Define cybersecurity strategies and implement cybersecurity features for secure connectivity to the cloud
- Stay up to date on cybersecurity technologies, threat assessment tools, and hardening techniques
- Develop and implement communication protocols supporting network connectivity across the campus and to the cloud.
- Provide level of effort estimates to support planning activities.
- Gather and document software requirements and specifications.
- Design software component(s) according to design inputs and architecture. Develop code to implement new functionality or change existing.
- Implement unit test to meet coverage goals.
- Trace design outputs to design inputs.
- Fix defects found during implementation process or reported by the software test team.
- Support software process definition and improvement initiatives. Support release process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, EE or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer designing and supporting development of complex embedded systems.
- Deep cloud domain expertise in: architecture, technologies, data security and privacy, tools, and testing
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Java, or Ruby
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, virtualization
- Experience in cloud services: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Experience developing software in various cloud environments, cloud storage
- Experience in big data solutions
- Experience with secure coding best practices and methodologies, vulnerability scans, threat modeling, and cyber-risk assessments.
- Experience with implementation and integration of network features, network interfaces, and interface protocols
- Experience with POCT1-A and HL7 network communication protocols, and integration of systems using these protocols.
- Experience with PKI, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, SSH and secure memory management.
- Able to take complex designs from concept to implementation with minimal supervision.
Candidates for this Service Desk Manager position must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
For immediate consideration, please email a MS Word or PDF version of your updated resume to Justin Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and consideration.
The ProSource Group, Inc.